Greenwood Power current and voltage sensors are intended to monitor electrical parameters at the medium voltage level in power distribution systems. Sensors are available with a large selection of classes: 0.2S and 0.5S for power metering, from 0.2 to 3.0 for measurement and automation, 3P, 5P, 6P for protection.
The sensors are designed as low power current transformers and voltage dividers with standardized AC voltage output. Compared to classic current and voltage transformers, the sensors have the following advantages:
- reduced price;
- reduced dimensions and weight;
- large permissible length of measuring circuits;
- safe electrical outputs;
- cheaper and faster installation;
- possibility of retrofitting substations without dismantling equipment;
- wide operating temperature range;
- wide range of measured frequencies and harmonics;
- the ability to manufacture sensors with the required characteristics and technical support;
- compliance with Smart Grid design requirements and modern international standards.
Greenwood power sensors comply with the following standards:
- IEC 61869-6 (2016) "Instrument transformers - Part 6: Additional general requirements for low-power instrument transformers";
- IEC 61869-10 (2017) "Instrument transformers - Part 10: Additional requirements for low-power passive current transformers";
- IEC 61869-11 (2017) “Instrument transformers - Part 11: Additional requirements for low power passive voltage transformers".